Thursday, July 31, 2014

Back into Argentina

We had to say good bye to Valparaiso. This it the view from our "look out" point in the morning. 


Our B&B was so accommodating. They made us breakfast "to go" complete with fruit & juice. They called us a taxi and off we went to the bus station. We saw the sunrise over the Pacific Ocean as our bus' first stop was Viña del Mar. 


And then there is the obligatory bus photo that I take on each bus ride. But the great part about this bus ride-for some reason tickets were on sale and we paid 1/2 price! How exciting. Knowing how terrible the ride over was, I took Dramamine early in the journey. Chris and I both slept really well on the journey to the border. 


At the border, we once again had to exit the bus. Our big bags were put through a scanner. Our hand luggage poked through. But I was able to keep my apple!! We discovered this after having eaten 2 bananas and 3 other apples. 

There was snow at the top if the mountain. And we continue to be thankful that Argentine-Chilean border snow is the only snow we've had in our travels (there was ice in Villazon, but I try to block everything Bolivian out). I had to remove my hat and glasses for the passport control guy to identify me. But other than that we were through the border without a hitch and back onto the windy roads. (I could hear the guy behind me vomiting when I was awake-gross.)


We checked back into the Tibet house were thankful for internet and headed our for dinner. Once again, the restaurant we wanted was not open. We headed back to La Florencia for a meal-and bottle if wine-we could count on. I had my first Argentine steak of the trip with a mountain of mashed potatoes. Chris had chicken something. And we had the Alta Vista Malbec. At this point, I'm just frustrated with the price of food. We wouldn't be spending this much $$ on meals in the states-let alone in a foreign country where our dollar has twice the buying power. Rant over. 

A terrible photo of us at dinner, taken by the nice family at the table next to us. At this point, stick a fork in us--we were done with the day. 


And I shall leave you, as always, with a photo that summarizes our day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment